Crock Pot pork chops and gravy

I know I’ve told you all about my love for the Crock Pot, but I’ve never told you where it all began.

Until a couple years ago, I thought slow cookers were just used for roasts and bean soup. I had one, and I pulled it out maybe two or three times a year. Then I found this recipe. When I made this, it was like a light bulb went on. I thought, “Wait a minute, Crock Pots are awesome!”

You can throw a few ingredients in there in the morning, go about your day, and come back in the evening to a delicious meal! It was the end of frozen food and processed box junk at my house.

I’ve gotten a new computer since then, so I don’t have the original link anymore. I think I found this recipe on a forum on the Crockin’ Girls old website.

Give this recipe a try on a day when you want something delicious, but just don’t have a lot of time. You’ll be glad you did! This is the recipe I give to everyone who doesn’t know what to do with their slow cooker, and it always gets rave reviews.

Crock Pot pork chops and gravy

Ingredients:

4-6 pork chops

1 can chicken broth

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 packet brown gravy mix (the original recipe called for pork gravy mix, both work well)

1 packet onion soup mix

ingredients

Directions:

Place your pork chops in your slow cooker.

In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over chops.

ingredients in bowl

ingredients mixed

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until chops are fall-apart tender.

ingredients in crock

I always serve these with mashed potatoes, because the gravy this makes is the best part of the dish!

crock pot pork chopsEnjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: , , ,

Comments: 16

1. sweetnothingsbj 18 February, 2013 at 12:39 pm Reply

This is what we will have for dinner tomorrow night…sounds awesome, so easy and just perfect for a dinner of 2 olden people, smack dab in the middle of MOVING. :)
    Thanks so much…
    Over from Martha’s

2. Sandra 18 February, 2013 at 12:53 pm Reply

I can’t wait to try this. Can you use frozen pork chops or do they need to be defrosted?

• admin 18 February, 2013 at 12:59 pm Reply

I used frozen pork chops and chicken in my crock pot all the time! You just have to cook it a little longer, or cook it on high for the first few hours.

3. Countrified Hicks 18 February, 2013 at 4:27 pm Reply

My goodness this looks delicious. I have a weekly link-up that just went live a bit ago and would love for you to come and share this there!

4. gin 18 February, 2013 at 7:45 pm Reply

This will be on my menu this week. Crock pots are a time saver. I would rather have real food than the pick up/take out when you get home a little too late to cook the whole meal. Thanks.

5. Emily 19 February, 2013 at 5:11 pm Reply

Sounds delicious! I need a pork chop crockpot recipe!

6. Reene Pisi 20 February, 2013 at 12:39 am Reply

I love my crock pot, especially since I started working evenings. I made a meat sauce in it today. It came out so good and it is wonderful to put it up early in the morning and have it done when I leave for work!

7. wanwu_73@yahoo.com 20 February, 2013 at 11:44 am Reply

I am certainly pinning this for days when I don’t feel like doing much. Love how easy it is.

8. Erica 20 February, 2013 at 1:16 pm Reply

Never thought about making pork chops in a crock pot. It looks like they turned out great!

9. Jene Khong 25 February, 2013 at 8:15 pm Reply

This recipe was SUPER easy. I made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit. Next time, I think I’ll try chicken quarters instead of pork chops. I like my meat moist, I think the pork chop was kinda dry. Thanks for the recipe.

10. Lisa 25 February, 2013 at 10:35 pm Reply

Oh my goodness, you had me at the title: Pork Chops *and* crockpot, lol! :-) This is definitely something this busy mom is going to try. Thanks so much for linking up with “Try a New Recipe Tuesday.” I look forward each week to your submissions. :-)

11. cynthial1956 26 February, 2013 at 10:23 am Reply

I have a love affair with all 5 of my slow cookers! I have never had all five of them going at the same time!

I would love it if you would share this at the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I don’t think you have been over yet!

Thanks, Cynthia http://FeedingBig.com

12. Dawn 27 February, 2013 at 5:51 pm Reply

YUM thanks for sharing with us at In and Out of the Kitchen
    Dawn co host

13. Mary 17 March, 2013 at 3:42 pm Reply

I I want to double this recipe, how long to you have to cook it? Anyone did this before?

14. Valerie 27 March, 2013 at 2:15 am Reply

Can’t wait to try this …. Thanks :-)

15. jene khong 15 January, 2014 at 1:58 am Reply

I love this recipe. I made it several times now. Thanks for sharing.