Nutella banana Panini

I just had a really good breakfast.

An ooey, gooey breakfast of the chocolate variety, compliments of my Panini maker.

I love my Panini press, but I tend to use it in waves.

I pull it out from its storage space, and once it hits the counter we’re guaranteed something hot and pressed at least once a day for a week. Then I get sick of it taking up precious real-estate on my counter and put it away for a month or two. I love hot, gooey sandwiches, and this little appliance does just that.

The idea for this fantastic breakfast sandwich hit me yesterday when I was making ham, cheese and tomato Paninis for the hubs and I at lunch time.

As I waited for our sandwiches to cook, I noticed the Nutella sitting out from the lunch I had just made my girls.

Then it hit me. Nutella….on a Panini! I’m sure this is in no way a new idea, but it was to me so I was excited. I waited all day for it to be bedtime, so I could wake up and make myself this for breakfast. It was SO good!nutella banana sandwich

This was a simple sandwich to make. It’s just two slices of bread, each spread with a healthy coating of Nutella. Cover one piece with banana slices (I like to pile them high), then top with the other Nutella-covered piece of bread. Grill until it reaches your desired doneness. I sprinkled the finished product with a little powdered sugar, just for a little added sweetness.

It was hot, gooey, melty, chocolaty and messy! Delish! Plus, there were bananas, so it was healthy, right?

I almost made another because the girls ate most of it. It didn’t even cross my mind to make them one because they’re usually pretty grossed out when I put bananas on my peanut butter sandwiches. They loved this, though. Guess what we’re all having tomorrow for breakfast?

Do you have a Panini press? What do you make with it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: , , , ,

Comments: 13

1. Lynn H@Turnips 2 Tangerines 4 February, 2013 at 8:24 pm Reply

Stopping by from In and Out of the Kitchen! What a great recipe! Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

2. Blackbox _cosmeticsd 5 February, 2013 at 1:46 am Reply

hello loving the recipe!

3. cynthial1956 5 February, 2013 at 1:36 pm Reply

I have been on a panini kick lately too! Never thought of making one like this. I would like to say this is a healthy sandwich! Anything with a little fruit must be, right?

Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

4. Tammy/Our Neck of the Woods 5 February, 2013 at 3:22 pm Reply

Yummy! This looks so good. I don’t have a panini press, but I do have a grill pan with a lid on a handle that creates a makeshift panini press. It works pretty well! I’ll have to try this next time!

Visiting from hearth & soul hop :)

5. Countrified Hicks 5 February, 2013 at 5:16 pm Reply

Great job. This looks delicious. Can’t wait to try it. I would love for you to come over to my blog hop and share this and other posts there!

6. garrwmart 5 February, 2013 at 10:29 pm Reply

Whoa! Mind blown. You should enter something like this in my snack food competition! http://www.growingpatch.com/healthy-snack-food-competition/
    Garrett @TheGrowingPatch
    P.S Thank you for joining this weeks blog hop.

7. Nancy Pfeifer 7 February, 2013 at 11:01 am Reply

This looks super yummy! I hope you join my party every week to share your recipes and crafts! So fun- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-6.html
    Nancy

8. Sherri 8 February, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reply

I am breaking out my Panini Press tomorrow morning! Looks like a perfect saturday morning quick breakfast. – Sherri

9. Katherines Corner 9 February, 2013 at 6:23 pm Reply

that looks amazing! xo Thank you for sharing at the hop

10. Judy @Savoring Today 11 February, 2013 at 8:49 am Reply

Never thought to use a panini press for breakfast sandwiches — so smart. Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

11. Walking On Sunshine Recipes 12 February, 2013 at 6:51 am Reply

Looks healthy to me! Actually it looks amazing! Sharing on my Walking on Sunshine Facebook page later today. Thank you for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday. Hope you come back this week!

12. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes 12 February, 2013 at 9:09 am Reply

Wow! My kids would love this for breakfast :) Thank you for sharing at last week’s week’s All My Bloggy Friends :)

13. the smelly lady 13 February, 2013 at 4:36 pm Reply

Looks yummy! I was given a commercial panini press. not real sure what to do with it or how/what to make. I think I may try this tonight.