Valentine’s yarn wreath

Does Valentine’s Day sneak up on you?

It does me, every single year.

I see the decorations and candy hitting the store shelves on Dec. 26, but I tend to ignore it for a while. I don’t know about you, but I’m usually on holiday overload at the first of the year. Around that time, I just want all the decorations down and gone. The last thing I want to do is hang something else up.

By the time I get back into being festive, Valentine’s Day is usually days away. That’s a big bummer for me, because I love Valentine’s Day decorations. Who doesn’t love a little bit of love, right?

Imagine my excitement when I got my Valentine’s Day wreath made and hung up with almost two weeks to spare.

Yay me!

Here’s what I made this year: wreath big

I like to make my own wreaths. About a year ago, I figured out how easy it is (thank you, Pinterest!) and ditched all my store-bought wreaths at a yard sale over the summer. I think a homemade version is a great way to showcase your style to guests as soon as they arrive!

This one was super simple. It’s a foam wreath, wrapped in red, pink and white yarn. I didn’t want a pattern with this one, so I just cut off large pieces of yarn and wrapped the three colors at the same time. I did several layers to give it a softer look.

The felt flowers at the end were the perfect touch. Now, I know it’s not too difficult to make your own felt flowers (again, props to Pinterest) but I’m not that crafty…just yet. It’s on my list of things to learn – I even bought the felt. I just haven’t taken the time to learn yet. The ones on this wreath were purchased in a pack of three at Hobby Lobby and pinned on.wreath flower

Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? Do you go all-out, or are your decorations pretty minimal?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: , , ,

Comments: 13

1. cynthial1956 4 February, 2013 at 9:35 pm Reply

This wreath is so pretty! I love the little flowers. I think I could whip this up and get it on the door by Valentine’s Day.

Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

2. Janet @ Frugal & Focused 5 February, 2013 at 12:02 pm Reply

That is super cute! Love the multi-colored yarn.

3. KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family 5 February, 2013 at 8:27 pm Reply

It looks so pretty. I love the multiple colors of yarn you used.
    KC

4. Missy Inspired 5 February, 2013 at 9:16 pm Reply

This is such a pretty wreath. I love it!

5. Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com 5 February, 2013 at 10:07 pm Reply

This sure turned out super cute! Love it ;) Thanks for sharing!! :)

6. Monika {Life With Lovebugs} 6 February, 2013 at 11:50 am Reply

This wreath is so pretty! I love the three colors of yarn together.

7. Diana Rambles 6 February, 2013 at 2:40 pm Reply

Very pretty!

8. Jeni Verdery (@Igotthismartha) 6 February, 2013 at 5:05 pm Reply

Very cute!

9. Jessica @ A Humble Creation 9 February, 2013 at 6:59 am Reply

You did a great job! I think the multi-colored yarn really makes it pop! Thanks for sharing.

10. emily 12 February, 2013 at 12:29 am Reply

I love the look of the wrapped yarn. Thanks so much for linking this up to Nap-Time Creations Tasteful Tuesday. I’m featuring it today as party of a 25 fabulous valentine ideas post! I would be so excited if you would come over and grab a new featured button and put it on your post! :o ) OH and I have a WEEK of giveaways going on for my blog birthday… stop by and check it out and enter!!! A new one will be posted every day.

11. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes 12 February, 2013 at 9:11 am Reply

I’m ashamed to admit that I have wanted to make a wreath for years now ……… and still haven’t made one! I am so pathetic lol. This looks fantastic and easy …… it makes me want to get off my butt and make one! Thank you for sharing at last week’s week’s All My Bloggy Friends :)

• admin 12 February, 2013 at 9:49 am Reply

Sometimes the yarn wreathes are really time-consuming, but since this one uses three yarns at the same time and you don’t have to worry about it laying nice and neat, it actually went by pretty fast. Give it a try! ;-)

12. eatnapplay 24 February, 2013 at 11:19 am Reply