Marshmallow fruit dip

I don’t know what the weather has been like where you live, but it’s been crazy in my neck of the woods!

I live in the Midwest, and we had a week of near-zero temperatures, followed by a few days in the 60s, then right back to below freezing. That’s quite a swing!

I’ve been a Midwestern girl my whole life, so I’m used to it. Still, that brief glimpse of warmer weather made me more than ready for spring.

I decided that despite the frigid temps outside, it could still be spring in my mind. I scrounged up some decent looking fruit at the grocery store and put together my mom’s marshmallow fruit dip.

If I close my eyes when I eat it, I’m sitting at her kitchen table in shorts and a tank top, with my knees against my chest and my bare feet on the chair. I’m also probably trying to hide the fact that my dip-to-fruit ratio is way off, because that’s how I eat this stuff – tons of dip on each tiny piece of fruit.

It takes just three ingredients and only minutes to put together. Trust me, you’ll love this stuff. It’s so good you could ditch the fruit and eat it with a spoon (I’ll admit, I totally do that all the time)!

Marshmallow fruit dip

Ingredients:

• 8-ounce brick of cream cheese
  • 7-ounce jar of marshmallow crème
  • Dash of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

1.  Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer.

fruit dip ingredients

2. Mix in low speed until well blended, then on medium until whipped and fluffy.fruit dip mixed

3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.fruit dip finish

Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than that, right?

Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tagged: , , ,

Comments: 18

1. Selene Galindo 1 February, 2013 at 3:55 am Reply

Oh my!! This looks yummy..I can’t believe it’s that easy to make! I am going to pin this. Thank you for the recipe!! I’m glad I found you on weekend wander!!

Selene from restorationbeauty.com

2. patty 3 February, 2013 at 6:08 pm Reply

Hi! I am from the midwest too and know what you mean about the crazy winter weather! I like 3 ingredient recipes and am going to pin this! Nice to meet you!

• admin 3 February, 2013 at 9:26 pm Reply

Nice to meet you, too! If you make this, come back and let me know what you think!

3. Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade 3 February, 2013 at 10:09 pm Reply

yum yum, thanks for sharing with us at FFF this week.
    Dawn host

4. Roxana White 4 February, 2013 at 9:26 pm Reply

Looks so simple, and good! Pinned it :)

5. Marlys @Thisand That 5 February, 2013 at 4:24 am Reply

YUM! this looks delicious. I know you shared it on Foodie Friends Friday but I am coming over from Feeding Big – In and out of the kitchen.

6. Jessica 5 February, 2013 at 9:54 am Reply

Pinned it! Looks so good. Thanks for sharing and I’d love for you to come over to At Home Take 2 for Wonderful Food Wednesday to share… we’ll be up at 7pm Central tonight (Tuesday). :) http://www.athometake2.com

Thanks for the recipe. ;)

7. April Tuell 5 February, 2013 at 11:14 am Reply

Wow does this look good! I can see myself dipping cookies into it too. :) Thank you so much for sharing with Saturday Spotlight. Have a great week and come back soon!

8. cynthial1956 5 February, 2013 at 1:41 pm Reply

This reminds me of something my mother would make when I was younger! I had forgotten all about it. I know I will be making it this summer – I am not as brave as you. I want warm food in the winter!

Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party. I can’t wait to see what you bring next week!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

9. Moni ~ Zu Haus at Home 6 February, 2013 at 10:42 am Reply

Looks yummy! and so easy…I love it!

10. Brooke@robertduncanstudios.com 7 February, 2013 at 11:50 am Reply

This sounds amazing! I love dips, don’t you? Thanks for the new great recipe! I can’t wait to try it! Have a wonderful day, and thanks again!

11. liz 8 February, 2013 at 9:56 pm Reply

I’ve made this many times using a splash of orange juice in place of the cinnamon. Can’t wait to try your recipe.

12. Kathie 8 February, 2013 at 10:34 pm Reply

Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

Kathie

13. Judy @Savoring Today 11 February, 2013 at 9:10 am Reply

The touch of cinnamon would really set this off, great for parties or showers. Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

14. Emily M 22 February, 2013 at 12:06 pm Reply

This looks so yummy!! :)

15. Bonnie Bailey 20 March, 2013 at 10:50 pm Reply

I make this dip but add chery juice about 2 tsp to give it some nice color and fruity taste!

16. Julie letourneau 21 March, 2013 at 11:16 am Reply

I make a marshmallow fruit dip the same way except I don’t use the cinn. I use paprika and dip the fruit. Especially sliced strawberries is the biggest hit. I make this dip and bring the strawberries to family gatherings it is always a big hit.

17. Txgirl 29 April, 2013 at 7:44 pm Reply

I use strawberry cream cheese! Delish!